Saturday, July 5, 2014

1. The Herbert Glacier Trail, Juneau, Alaska






To You:

We touch with electronic appendages
not feeling what has the potential to be there
or what once existed
when people were more than typeset timelines
    when words were propelled by air
    not by the compression of keys
    when conversations were subtle songs the ear collected
    not dangling threads pressed in glass.

   We have become isolated observers
   wandering a digital landscape.


On Independence Day it seems appropriate to wish for escape from our self-imposed isolation. This flag is just that--It's a wish to communicate with anyone it reaches. It's an invitation for you to share your thoughts about this place or this letter or anything really...

Your Friend,
A

wordsinwait.blogspot.com




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nice note on the glacier trail. The glacier had a lot of energy. The blue hue within it is so striking. I have never seen this exact blue except in the ice of AK. I felt like it was good for me to fixate my eyes on the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen anything like the glaciers in Alaska. I hiked to the Mendenhall glacier and felt like an undersea explorer as I walked through the glacier cave. I suspect that the memory of that hike will remain one my most treasured.
      Thank you for your reply to my letter...I'm happy that it reached someone.

      Delete